Friday, September 6, 2013

Down the River


On Sunday, August 26th we moved her downriver.  We got up early to be a little ahead of high tide and there was a beautiful fog about the place.  Photos were all taken by Ben's dad or my mom.

Backing off the the dock for the last time.  Photos courtesy of my mom.



My dad came along and had a great time.
As we cruised, little fishing boats had to move to make room.  I sat on the bow and apologized for the inconvenience and asked them if they were having any luck.  I usually got a grunt and a nod.  But sometimes, I would get "no problem, nice boat!"  Looked good for them though, we saw a few large salmon jump during that stretch of the river.


We dinged the bell for a couple of old friends as we passed.

Patron 
Island Champion
Under the HW-529 bridge,
Out the the mouth of the Snohomish River and past Jetty Island.
At the Everett Marina for the night.  We were moored next to the Jetty Island ferry dock.

And that was about it for the day.  The haul-out wasn't until next morning and there wasn't a whole lot else to do, so we got some breakfast with my folks.
We also discovered the Everett Farmer's Market on the waterfront and had nice little walk through, trying to distract ourselves from worry about the next day.  I picked up a jar of mango lime green tea, and we went home for the night.  

Next post I'll talk about the haul-out and cruise to Cornet Bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment