Thursday, September 12, 2013

Up Saratoga

On August 28, the day after we put her back in the water, we moved the boat up Saratoga Passage and into Cornet Bay.  Here are pictures of that day.

Fueling up in Everett.  My dad was along for the ride.
There was a bunch of wild American Vetch growing near our dock, so I picked a couple and they sat on the galley table all the way north.
The wheel wasn't working that well, so we steered mostly by jogstick.  
Ben tested the controls on the wheelhouse roof and found out they work, so we can steer the boat up in the sun.

The pressure of the last couple of days was done.  It was quite a relief.
Cama Beach, Camano Island
The Center for Wooden Boats at Cama Beach.

Dusk was just upon us when the Deception Pass Bridge crept into view. 


She is now anchored in Cornet Bay while we wait for moorage in La Conner.  We've been checking on her every day and she is doing well.

This past Monday, I got my first lesson in electrical wiring, on top of the mast replacing the socket for the anchor light.  Ben doesn't like heights.  Nor does he particularly appreciate the large spiders that live up there.  I love heights, and have now discovered my favorite boat job.



Yes, the flag is a size bigger than it needs to be for a boat of our size.   I had to tie Old Glory in a knot in order to do any serious work up there.  Oh, and the halyard isn't a halyard.  It's an extension cord.  I love this boat.

2 comments: